What is Markham Lymphatic Centre?
- Markham Lymphatic Centre is Markham’s only lymphedema treatment centre and services York Region and surrounding area, helping adults of all ages.
- All of our therapists are now seeing clients out of a new clinic in Markham. Please check the Contact Us page for more details.
What is Markham Lymphatic Centre different from other physiotherapy services?
- Unlike services offered in an outpatient hospital setting or at physiotherapy clinics, Markham Lymphatic Centre provide comprehensive therapeutic services for lymphedema clients in the comfort and convenience of our Markham clinic.
- As well, Markham Lymphatic centre is fully certified in Combined Decongestive Therapy, a fully-integrated treatment program for lymphedema clients.
What is Combined Decongestive Therapy and how can it help my lymphedema symptoms?
- Combined Decongestive Therapy is a fully integrated treatment program for lymphedema that includes manual lymphatic drainage, exercise prescription, compression garments such as stockings, and patient education/prevention.
When do I pay for each session?
- Payment is due after each treatment session. You will be provided with a receipt that you can submit to your private health insurance provider for reimbursement. Please note that GST is not applicable for physiotherapy services.
Are these treatment programs covered by extended health benefit plans?
- Yes – all treatment services are covered by most extended health benefit plans as physiotherapy services.